Meet the Gardeners
Many hands work together to grow our rooftop garden. These include:
A group of garden stewards meets each week to maintain the garden and share the harvest. Credit goes to this volunteer group for their dedication to weeding, watering, seeding, transplanting and otherwise taking care of the rooftop garden. Every Saturday (from April through October) the garden drop-in group is open to anyone who would like to attend and work with the garden stewards. Those who decide to join on a regular basis can fill out the volunteer application after their first session.
We also accept occasional volunteers who may not be able to make the time commitment required in the volunteer garden steward position.
Green Access Staff
One full-time Health Promoter and one part-time Community Health Worker work in the Green Access Program.
Other contributing gardeners
- Students from elementary schools within walking distance: George Webster, Crescent Town School and Secord School.
- High school students from Greenwood Secondary School and Bendale Business and Technical Institute
- Volunteers from United Way’s “Days of Caring”
- Participants in the Permaculture Design Course
- Participants in CPNP – Canada Prenatal Nutrition Program