Green Access Program
Established in 2011, the Green Access Program uses the Green Roof at AccessPoint on Danforth as a launching pad for activities that build skills around food and gardening. The program brings together community development, environmental education, and health. The rooftop garden also provides community members – many who live in high-rise buildings with no personal outdoor space – the opportunity to participate in gardening activities.
We invite you to join us in building a community space where all ages and people can come together to share ideas and learn, through a hands-on experience, about the importance of healthy foods and the environment.
Volunteer at the garden:
- The garden season runs from late April through late October.
- No prior experience required
- Get your hands dirty working outdoors
- Meet other gardeners and work together as a group
- Learn about growing food, herbs, and flowers
For more information and to apply as a volunteer, please click here.
Green roof visits:
- Book your group for a tour or a gardening activity in collaboration with the Green Access/Sustainable Living Program
- Request a slideshow of the Green Roof growing season to show your tour group
- Visiting groups include school classrooms and summer camps that participate in age appropriate gardening activities, tasting tours and more
For more information or to book a tour, email email@example.com.
Classes, workshops and training
Each year we offer a selection of training on topics related to environmental awareness, stewardship, healthy foods, and hands-on gardening.
Enviroleaders is an environmental leadership program for those who want to become workshop facilitators, specifically oriented around organic gardening, and environmental consciousness building. Earn a certificate in workshop facilitation and be compensated for your workshops!
Download a flyer for more information.
When: Tuesdays, April 4th to May 9th, 2023. 5:30pm-7:30pm
Where: 3079 Danforth Avenue (Victoria Park and Danforth)
Register HERE for the Enviroleaders program.
To find out about other upcoming classes and workshops, visit our program calendar.
When using the rooftop garden, we ask that you follow these guidelines.
The Green Access Program is proudly funded by: