Information and resources for newcomers to Ontario, Canada, including immigrants, refugees and people without immigration status (non-status).
Resources for refugees and people without immigration status in Canada
- Know Your Rights (A Guide to Immigration Arrests, Detention and Deportation)
- Information about refugee rights in Ontario
- Helping parents without immigration status get their children into school
Resources about COVID-19
- Practical answers to questions about the law and COVID-19
- Plain language guides for health care providers and patients about health care coverage and walk-in clinics for uninsured clients in Toronto during COVID-19 in multiple languages
- Ministry of Health memos related to public health insurance coverage for patients during COVID-19.
OHIP INFOBulletin: Funding for physician and hospital services for patients who do not have provincial health insurance during COVID-19 (May 5, 2020)
Memo from Assistant Deputy Minister (March 30, 2020)
Resources to help you find medical care
- Searchable database of walk in clinics in Ontario that accept all patients, including non insured
- Access Alliance also provides medical care and support to people with no immigration status. Please visit our Non-Insured Walk-In Clinic page.