Access Alliance takes pride in offering programs and services for lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and queer (LGBTQ+) newcomers.
Current programs and services include:
Settlement services for lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and queer newcomers
- We recognize that Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans, and Queer (LGBTQ+) people who are new to Canada face particular challenges
- Our settlement services will support clients in finding their way in Toronto and in developing increased confidence and pride in who they are
- To ask for an appointment with the LGBTQ+ Community Health Worker, call 416-693-8677 x 438 Or follow this link for more information.
- Access Alliance welcomes LGBTQ+ newcomers to volunteer in our various programs. For more information, click here.
Past programs and services:
The NewTQs Project (funded by Community One Foundation’s RBC Rainbow Grants)
A one year project at AccessPoint on Danforth. Activities included:
- Monthly Drop-ins
- Community Forums
Eat, Learn, Connect for Healthy Living for LGBTQ+ Newcomers (funded by Grants Ontario)
- Yoga & Meditation: Stretch, breathe and learn some relaxation techniques!
- Rainbow Community Kitchen Program: Learn how to cook healthy meals on a small budget!
Stepping Up to the Plate Project
- The goal of this 2-year project was to develop identify Promising Practices in Arts-based Programming to Address Issues of Violence and Community Safety for Lesbian, Bisexual and Trans (LBT) Newcomer, Immigrant and Refugee Women and to develop a Toolkit that may be used by service providers to implement such programming.
Click here to download the toolkit
Among Friends Initiative
- A 3 year training and capacity building initiative that worked with other community-based agencies to create positive and inclusive spaces for LGBTQ newcomer.
- Trainings, workshops and resources were provided to these agencies by LGBTQ newcomer volunteers. For more information, click here.