Our Language Services – Solutions Without Borders
Our interpreters are available to:
- go to your workplace to interpret for your staff, clients and their families
- meet your staff at a client’s home to interpret for your staff, clients and their families
- assist you by interpreting for groups that involve a number of people, for example, at a case conference where one or more service providers, the client and the clients’ family are present
- work in facilitated groups such as in diabetes education classes or at town hall meetings
- provide American Sign Language for clients in one-on-one or group settings
Over-the-phone interpreting (OPI) can be booked in advance or accessed on demand. OPI can be used when your client is with you in person, for message relay and conference calls, and even if you are meeting with your client by video.
An initiative of Access Alliance, Remote Interpretation Ontario (R.I.O.) NetworkTM provides high quality, immediate over-the-phone interpreting using trained and qualified interpreters in more than 180 languages, 24/7 days at non-profit rates.
Video Remote Interpreting
Video remote interpreting (VRI), just like OPI, can be booked in advance or accessed on demand. Our interpreters and our coordinating staff are familiar with the various video platforms that are being used in public and health service delivery across Canada. Our on-demand VRI service is available through an app that can be accessed by mobile devices and desktop or laptop computers. VRI can be used when your client is with you person, or if you are meeting with your client by video.
AALS provides written translations of health and legal documents, as well as a wide range of communication materials for organizations including pamphlets, brochures, surveys and letters.
We work in partnership with Multi-Languages Corporation, a trusted and certified translation agency.