Non Insured Walk In Clinic
The Non Insured Walk In Clinic (NIWIC) is a walk-in clinic that offers confidential health care services on a first come, first served basis at no charge. Midwives are available to see pregnant women.
Please call ahead for COVID safety instructions – 416 760-2810. We encourage you to wear a cloth mask or scarf covering your mouth and nose when you are coming in for your visit. Please bring a list of your medications and any medical records.
Mondays: 4:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Thursdays: 4:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Midwife services are available on Thursdays. NIWIC is closed on statutory holidays.
Who can use the NIWIC?
You can use the NIWIC if you:
- Live in the City of Toronto, and
- Do not have a family doctor, and
- Do not have healthcare insurance, for reasons including:
- You are in the 3-month wait period for OHIP
- You do not have legal immigration status (non-status)
- You are in the refugee claim process and your IFH is expired or your refugee claim was rejected/suspended/ineligible
- You moved to Toronto from another country for temporary work, make minimum wage (or less), and you cannot afford private health insurance.
The NIWIC does not see patients who:
- Have a family doctor/nurse practitioner
- Have current coverage under the Ontario Health Insurance Program (OHIP), Interim Federal Health Program (IFHP), or Ontario Temporary Health Program (OTHP)
- Have private health insurance
- Are a visitor or a student
Download and print one of our information flyers:
Uninsured Walk In Clinic (English), PDF 999 KB
Uninsured Walk In Clinic (Spanish), PDF 237 KB
Pregnancy Services, PDF 234 KB
Free Walk In Clinics in the Greater Toronto Area, PDF 349 KB
NIWIC is a partnership between Access Alliance and the following community health centres:
Additional community support is provided by volunteer registered midwives.