Volunteer Positions – Volunteer Judicators
Access Alliance is seeking Volunteer Judicators to sit on a volunteer review panel for #YIGotVaxxed, our social media contest highlighting the stories of recently-vaccinated community members.
The submissions will be in the 8 languages that are most-often requested for translation by our clients; Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic, Tigrinya, Bengali, Urdu, Tagalog, and Farsi. As such, volunteers must be fluent in one or more of these languages. Volunteer Judicators will aid in screening entries and collectively form a shortlist of contest finalists, whose most-compelling vaccine stories meet all contest criteria
Please note, Judicators will not be responsible for translating entries into English, but will be reviewing in their original language for content and clarity.
Number of positions available: 10
Time Commitment: 1 to 2 hours per week; 2 weeks, from September 17th – October 1st, 2021
Type of Role: Supportive/Assisting
- As a member of review panel, screen contest entries in one of eight language groups: Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic, Tigrinya, Bengali, Urdu, Tagalog, and Farsi.
- Collectively compile a shortlist of contest finalists, whose compelling vaccine stories meet all contest criteria.
- Fluency in one or more of the following languages: Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic, Tigrinya, Bengali, Urdu, Tagalog, or Farsi.
- Interest in, or knowledge of what makes a compelling story on social media.
Benefits for the Volunteer
- Gain experience sitting on a jury, reviewing submissions, and participating in a review panel.
- Gain experience using your language in a professional setting.
- Collaborative work experience across remote work environment.
- Invitation to attend September 10th staff training session, Creating Dynamic and Engaging Social Content for Instagram and Facebook (for personal professional development only, session is not mandatory to participate in volunteer role).
OR email: Melisa Savone, Volunteer & Students Placement Lead at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include ‘Volunteer Judicator’ on the subject line.