Research Program secretary (Services & Program Secretary)
Deadline: Internal- November 18th, 2022 and External- November 25, 2022
Access Alliance Multicultural Health and Community Services (AAMHCS) is a community based Organization that is committed to and works to improve health outcomes for the most vulnerable immigrants, refugees, and their communities. We do this by facilitating access to services and addressing systemic inequities. The Centre envisions a future in which diverse individuals, families and communities can achieve health with dignity.
This is an exciting position for a person who is looking to have an impact in our operational systems to achieve maximum efficiencies while getting experience in a community setting in a team environment.
The position will be based out of College St. location. Reporting to the Director, Organizational Knowledge and Learning, the Research Program Secretary will be responsible for providing support for the administration of the CBR department. Working with an interdisciplinary team, the Secretary is committed to providing excellent customer service and maintaining cooperative working relationships in a team context in support of the agency’s goals, vision and objectives.
- Supports day-to-day administrative functions related to supporting proposal submission and reporting, agency planning and evaluation activities, training and professional development initiatives and schedules, organizing meetings and external events as required.
- Responds to needs and issues of key stakeholders (academic partners including student placement liaisons, research fellows and peer researchers, staff, volunteers and students) as directed
- Maintain program resources, including secure research databanks, equipment and supplies management systems, as required
- Problem solves around routine schedules and facilities related matters
- Other duties as required
What you need QUALIFICATIONS :
- College diploma in Office Administration or related field with combination of education and relevant work experience
- Knowledge of community programs and experience working in a community health setting and/or community hub
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with values of Access Alliance
- Excellent keyboarding skills and the ability to type at least 65 words per minute
- Proficient in Outlook, Word, Excel, Desktop publishing, databases and social media
- Knowledge of Nvivo, SPSS and Power BI a definite asset
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Good understanding of barriers faced by newcomers and multi-racial, low income communities
- High degree of initiative, judgment and problem solving abilities
- Attention to detail, commitment to error free work
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to working in a cultural competent manner with diverse communities
- Have a strong work ethic with a can do attitude to continuous improvement
- Ability to work some evenings and Saturdays
Salary Range: $36,071 – $43,346 per annum
Hours: 35 hours/week
Duration: Full-Time, Permanent
Bargaining Unit Position: United Food and Commercial Workers, Local 175
Classification: Program Secretary
With “Research Secretary ” in the subject heading, please send your resume and cover letter by 5:00 pm Nov.18 (internal) or Nov 25th (external), 2022
– By firstname.lastname@example.org or
– By Regular Mail: Hiring Committee, Services and Programs Secretary
Access Alliance Multicultural Health and Community Services
340 College Street, Suite 500, Toronto, ON, M5T 3A9
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will receive acknowledgement. Please note that a criminal background check (Vulnerable sector) will be conducted for this position.
We encourage applications from individuals who reflect the broad diversity of communities we work with, including those from racialized and LGBTQ communities.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Access Alliance encourages a scent-free environment. Employees, students, volunteers, and visitors are asked to refrain from wearing fragrances and other scented personal care products (i.e. perfumes, lotions, hairspray, etc.) while at the Centre.