Request for Proposals
West End Quality Improvement Collaboration
Project Management – Quality Improvement Initiative
We are five community health centres who work together on quality improvement projects as part of the West End Quality Improvement Collaboration (WEQIC). We are seeking a qualified consultant to manage our WEQIC work plan and related projects at each CHC. The successful consultant will be expected to work directly with each CHC’s lead manager and health care teams, as well as facilitate communication and coordinate knowledge exchange/transfer among the CHCs.
The WEQIC members are community health centres offering primary health care, health promotion and various other health/social services and programs in West Toronto. We serve diverse, equity seeking populations and vulnerable clients. The Collaboration, which formed in 2015, includes Access Alliance Multicultural Health and Community Services, Davenport-Perth Neighbourhood and Community Health Centre, Parkdale Queen West Community Health Centre, Regent Park Community Health Centre, and Unison Health and Community Services. We are CHCs of varying size, with multiple sites.
RFP posting: September 1, 2022
Submission of questions: Sept. 12, 2022 at 12 noon
Proposal deadline: Sept. 22, 2022 at 5 p.m.
Proposal evaluations/candidate interviews: Late September, early October
Consultant start: October/November
1. Utilizing project management methodologies, coordinate successful execution of project activities on the ground at each of five CHCs. Tentative list of projects (subject to change), includes:
- Re-establish monitoring systems for each CHC/WEQIC for 3 types of cancer screening accountability indicators and access to primary care indicator;
- Coordinate and align the work of Data Management Coordinators at each CHC related to QI projects;
- Work with management leads and health care providers/teams at each CHC to understand performance, and use QI tools/processes to identify change ideas and implement tests of change to improve data quality and clinical efficiencies;
- Assess socio demographic data with a view to improving data collection and data quality.
Note: A copy of our 2022-23 work plan is available on request.
2. Assist and coordinate the efforts of the CHCs in WEQIC to develop individual and shared Quality Improvement Plans for 2023-24 for submission to Health Quality Ontario.
3. Obtain and share information on new developments, as well as new quality improvement tools and processes, related to healthcare quality improvement in Ontario and elsewhere.
1. In coordination with stakeholders, maintain/monitor the overall work plan for WEQIC partner CHCs, and develop/monitor a corresponding work plan for each CHC.
2. Coordinate and support individual CHC leads and project teams, as well as WEQIC, to implement the work plans.
3. Organize and enable communication and information sharing among the partner CHCs on the above projects, to maximize collaboration/knowledge transfer.
1. Experience managing multiple concurrent projects with multidisciplinary teams at various sites.
2. Strong facilitation, collaboration and relationship management skills.
3. Knowledge of Ontario community health centre sector an asset.
4. Ability to gather, analyze, utilize and communicate about quality improvement concepts and data to inform planning and decision making.
5. Demonstrated knowledge of, and sensitivity to, the impact of social, economic, environmental and cultural issues on diverse communities.
6. Knowledge of issues affecting communities facing barriers to access in an urban environment.
7. Experience with PS Suite (or other EMR in a primary care setting) an asset.
Contract Duration: 920 hours, October 2022 to July 2023.
Please include the following in your proposal:
1. A description of your qualifications, previous experience and significant achievements, to help us determine why you are the right consultant for this project.
2. Examples of documents from previous quality improvement projects similar in subject matter/scope to the work outlined in this RFQ.
3. Your expected compensation based on the completion of work plan deliverables. 4. Three references of individuals who can speak to their experience with your work in conducting similar projects. Information regarding each reference should include the individual’s name, address, telephone number, and email address.
Please submit all of questions about this RFP to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 noon on Monday, September 12, 2022. You will receive an email with answers to all questions by Friday, Sept. 16.
Please submit your proposal by Thursday, September 22 at 5 p.m. to email@example.com