Holiday Event Helper
Volunteer Position Description:
Help us give back to the community by supporting our Holiday Event 2021!
The event will take place entirely outside, and will run like a holiday market, with multiple booths each featuring festive activities such as crafts, cookie decorating, and much more!
We are looking for committed and friendly volunteers who enjoy giving back to the community during the Holiday Season!
- sort toys into hampers
- label hampers and organize into pick-up times
- help set-up the event (put up tents, tables, decorations, etc.)
- screen participants before they enter the market
- serve hot drinks to participants
- oversee the booths and lead activities
- hand-out hampers
- help with clean-up and tear-down after the event (take down tents, tables, decorations, etc.)
AccessPoint on Jane
761 Jane St. York, ON M6N 4B4
Up to 8 hours – 12:00 – 8:00 PM
Thursday, December 16th 2021
Qualifications & Requirements:
- able to lift heavy items
- able to stand for long periods of time in the cold
- friendly and outgoing
- joly, festive attitude!
Benefits for the volunteer:
- give back to the community by creating a festive holiday atmosphere for participants from marginalized backgrounds
- gain experience in event planning and execution
# of positions available:
December 9th 2021
Email Melisa Savone – Volunteer & Students Placements Lead
Please include “Holiday Event Helper” on the subject line
For more information about this program contact:
Elaine Howarth – Community Programs Worker West