Access Alliance Multicultural Health and Community Services (AAMHCS) is a Community Health Centre that aims to provide services and addresses system inequities to improve health outcomes for the most vulnerable immigrants, refugees, and their communities. The Centre envisions a future in which Toronto’s diverse communities achieve health with dignity.
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Finance Manager to join our community health centre. The Finance Manager will play a vital role in overseeing the financial operations of our organization in a multi-funded, multi-site environment. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in financial management and accounting, particularly within community health centers or similar non-profit organizations.
1 – Financial Management:
- Assist in the development, updating and implementation of financial strategies, policies, and procedures to support the organization’s financial goals and objectives under the supervision and guidance of the Director, Finance & Operations
- Oversee the day-to-day financial operations and monitor cash flow
- Ensure accurate and timely financial reporting Oversee payroll processing
- In conjunction with the Director, Finance & Operations, manage the budgeting process, including the development, implementation, and monitoring of annual budgets
2 – Grant and Contract Management:
- Oversee the financial aspects of grants and contracts, ensuring compliance with funding requirements and reporting obligations
- Collaborate with program managers to develop program/project budgets and monitor expenditure against approved budgets
- Prepare financial reports for stakeholders Ensure compliance with funding requirements
- Act as a resource to program managers to ensure efficient utilization of funds
3 – Financial Accounting and Reporting:
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements Provide financial component of KPIs for organizational dashboard
- Conduct financial analysis to identify trends, variances, and opportunities for improvement
- Provide financial insights and recommendations for informed decision-making
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date financial records Prepare financial reports and statements for internal and external stakeholders
4 – Audit and Compliance:
- Coordinate annual financial audits, ensuring compliance with accounting standards and regulatory requirements
- Collaborate with external auditors to provide necessary documentation and support during the audit process
- Support in developing/updating and implementing effective internal control policies and procedures Monitor and evaluate financial processes and controls, identifying areas for improvement and implementing corrective actions as needed
- Provide relevant guidance and training to staff
5 – Team Leadership and Development:
- Supervise and mentor finance staff, providing guidance, support, training, and professional development opportunities
- Foster a collaborative and high-performing work environment, promoting teamwork and cross-functional collaboration
Minimum Mandatory Requirements:
Note: Candidates must meet following criteria to be considered for further assessments.
- Extensive experience (5+ years) working in a finance or accounting role in a multi-funded environment, preferably with a community health centre or non-profit sector
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field
- Strong knowledge and experience with QuickBooks Desktop
- Demonstrated experience in budgeting, financial analysis, reporting and grant management
Other Skills and Qualifications:
- A professional accounting designation (e.g., CPA) is preferred
- Solid understanding of internal controls and risk management practices
- Strong teamwork and people management experience
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with keen attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to present financial information to non-financial stakeholders
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, particularly Excel, and experience working with financial management systems
- Working knowledge of MS Power BI
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Salary: $76,130 to $89,565/Annual
Hours: Fulltime – 35 hours/Week
Start Date:Between Nov 15 and Dec 1, 2023
With “Finance Manager” in the subject heading please send your resume and cover letter by September 29, 2023 at 5:00 pm to:
by E-mail: email@example.com
by Regular Mail: Hiring Committee, Finance Manager
Access Alliance Multicultural Health and Community Services
340 College Street, Suite 500, Toronto, ON, M5T 3A9
No phone calls please.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will receive acknowledgement. Please note that a criminal background check (Vulnerable sector) will be conducted for this position.
We encourage applications from individuals who reflect the broad diversity of communities we work with, including those from racialized and LGBTQ communities.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Access Alliance encourages a scent-free environment. Employees, students, volunteers, and visitors are asked to refrain from wearing fragrances and other scented personal care products (i.e. perfumes, lotions, hairspray, etc.) while at the Centre.
Download and Print