EarlyON Program Assistant
Volunteer Program Description:
The family program at Access Alliance focuses on families with children aged 0-6 years of age who live in under-serviced areas if the city. We provide EarlyON Programs in the Taylor-Massey neighbourhood for parents with young children. EarlyON staff conducts playgroups and workshops about early learning topics, provide support and information regarding community resources, and make referrals. Parents and children can enjoy activities such as singing songs and rhymes, show and tell, creative, sensory play, story time and cooking. EarlyON also offers March break and summer programs for children 0-6 years of age.
We are looking for volunteers who are excited to work with families who have children 0-6 years of age. Volunteers who are looking to build their skills while working with children. Volunteers should also have some knowledge of age-appropriate activities.
- Set up and clean up for program
- Toy washing
- Interact with children
- Other childcare needs
91 Barrington Ave.
Toronto, ON (Main and Danforth)
Mondays and Tuesday 12:30 pm- 4:30 pm
Thursdays 9:00 am – 12:30 pm
Role Type: Program/Project Support
Qualifications & Requirements
- Clear Police Reference Check
- Proof of 2nd dose of the Covid-19 vaccine
- Some knowledge of age-appropriate activities
- Enjoy working with families and young children
Benefits for the volunteer:
- You will receive a certificate of appreciation at our volunteer recognition event
- Gain experience working within an equity and inclusion framework
- Gain experience working with newcomer, immigrant, and refugee communities
Number of positions available: 5
Focus Area: Children & Families
Application deadline: Until filled
For more information about this program contact Keisha Cooke – firstname.lastname@example.org – Family Resource Program Worker
We welcome and encourage immigrants and refugees to volunteer with us! We encourage applications from volunteers who reflect the broad diversity of the communities we work with, including those from racialized and LGBTQ2+ communities.