Community Resource Center Help Desk Assistant
Volunteer Position Description:
The Community Resource Center or CRC is a space where community engagement for the programs and services offered by Access Alliance MHCS happens. Volunteers will provide information and referral, assist clients to use computers, copy, print, and fax, as well as give direction to programs and services on-site.
- Assist with the client registration, logging in, data entry, trouble shooting, printing, copying, and supporting CRC users;
- Greet all people coming into the AccessPoint on Danforth hub;
- Carefully listen and respond to inquiries and requests initiated by clients and program users;
- Provide clients with information and materials on appropriate resources and services available both with the center and the community;
- Provide general community information and referral;
- Maintain mailing lists and contact information for affiliated associations in the community;
- Manage/tidy resources and keep bulletin boards up to date;
- Provide administrative support to team members as required, including filing and photocopying;
AccessPoint on Danforth
3079 Danforth Ave.
Toronto, ON M1L 1A8
Starting April 25th – end date based on volunteer’s availability
Monday – Friday. Shifts can be:
AM: 9:00am – 1:00pm
PM: 12:00pm – 4:30pm
FULL DAY: 9:00am – 4:30pm
Role Type: Administrative
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Computer skills, including the ability to perform data-entry activities
- Able to communicate in English
- Customer service skills
- Attention to detail
- Organizational skills
- Works well independently
- Dependable/work quality (planning and organizing work)
Benefits to the volunteer:
- Gain experience in costumer services and community engagement
- Volunteer in a community health center setting
We will provide TTC tokens if transit fare is a barrier to volunteering.
# of positions available: 3- 4
Focus Area: Volunteer & Community Engagement
Application Deadline: Until filled
Complete an application form by clicking here.
Please fill “Community Resource Center Held Desk Volunteer” as the “Position Title” in the Application Form
For more information about this program contact:
Maria Dasoo – Community Health Worker – firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome and encourage immigrants and refugees to volunteer with us! We encourage applications from volunteers who reflect the broad diversity of the communities we work with, including those from racialized and LGBTQ2+ communities.