Communications & Resource Development Assistant
About Access Alliance:
Access Alliance Multicultural Health and Community Services is a multi-service community agency that works to improve health outcomes for the most vulnerable immigrants, refugees, and their communities. We do this by facilitating access to services and addressing systemic inequities. The Centre envisions a future in which Toronto’s diverse communities achieve health with dignity.
Hybrid: In Person and Virtual
Number of Positions Available:
Worksite Location and Conditions:
The corporate office at the College site, 340 College St.
Brief Description of Practicum Project:
- Support agency-wide and program/project specific communications campaigns by curating images, stories and creating content as requested;
- Support fundraising campaigns and other resource development activities;
- Assist with the communications capacity building initiatives, such as training, coaching and process mapping;
- Provide general assistance to the department staff as required.
- Obtain solid understanding of how a community health centre communicates internally and externally.
- Apply learned comms and marketing strategies to real world projects and gain hands-on experiences.
- Hone communications and marketing skills while learning about and experimenting on building effective campaigns (key skills include campaign planning, creation, coordination and evaluation as well as audience segmentation and targeted digital marketing)·
- Improve and develop workshop facilitation and coaching skills.
- 2nd-year (or later) post-secondary student in communications, marketing, graphic design, design, PR or a related field.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A keen interest in health care and/or not-for-profit sectors.
- Lived experience and/or understanding of newcomer populations’ needs and barriers are a strong asset.
Benefit to Student:
- Receive ongoing mentoring and guidance from seasoned communications professionals;
- Real-world experience within a vibrant non-profit health organization;
- Opportunity to work independently as well as collaborating with a dynamic team;
- Tailored learning plan, dedicated support and feedback for rapid professional growth;
- A strong reference for future job search.
Starting April 2022
Supervisor Name and Contact:
Communications & Resource Development Officer
March 15th 2022
Email your resume and cover letter to:
Volunteer & Students Placements Lead
Please include ‘Communications and Resource Development Assistant’ on the subject line