Free workshops for newcomers
The Newcomer Education Program offers a series of workshops for newcomers on a wide variety of topics. All the workshops are participant-directed, allowing for flexibility in accommodating diverse needs and learning styles. They are tailored for participants with English comprehension at LINC Level 3 and higher.
The goal of the program is to promote newcomers’ health, increase knowledge, skills, self-efficacy and self-esteem. Each workshop is presented by an Access Alliance staff member who can also provide on the spot information and referral to participants directly following the workshop.
We are pleased to offer these workshops to LINC and ESL classes and other groups at no cost to the host agency. The responsibilities of the agency hosting the workshop are to:
- Provide in-kind space for the requested workshop
- Provide feedback on the quality of the workshop
- Give at least 2 weeks notice of cancellation or change of topic
- Provide Access Alliance with a list of participant names
We offer a series of workshops for each of these topics:
- Staying Healthy in Canada
- Mental Health Promotion
- Women’s Health
- Parenting in Canada
- Healthy Nutrition in Canada
- Canadian Systems
More topics are listed on the request form.
For more information please contact Fouzia Rana at: email@example.com