Green Roof Information
- APOD Rooftop Garden profile
- AAMHCS Green Roof overview
- Green Roofs for Healthy Cities
- Toronto’s Eco-Roof incentive program
Community Gardening Resources
- Community Gardens in East Toronto and Scarborough guide to gardening opportunities.
- Community Gardening Best Practices Guide by Greenest City
- Toronto Community Garden Network – includes a map of community gardens around Toronto, a tool shed of resources and events listing.
- City of Toronto Community Gardens implementation process – step by step guide
Plant Identification and Plant databases
- Plants for a future
- List of Asian vegetable names
- Better Homes and Gardens plant encyclopedia
- Dictionary of Plants and Flowers
- Prelude Medicinal Plants Database of plants in different traditional veterinarian and human medicines in Africa
- Urban Harvest
- Cottage Gardener
- Terra Edibles
- Seeds of Diversity – conserving the biodiversity and traditional knowledge of food crops and garden plants.
- Richter’s Herbs – seeds and plants from herbs including rare and around the world
- AgroHaitai – oriental vegetable seeds grown in Ontario
Food and Garden organizations in Toronto
- The Permaculture Project GTA – a permaculture hub
- The Stop Community Food Centre – increasing access to healthy food and challenging inequity
- Toronto Green Community – engaging Torontonians in environmental initiatives where we live
- Evergreen – imagine your city with nature
- FoodShare – good, healthy food for all
- Greenest City – environmental education and building healthy neighbourhoods
- Green Thumbs Growing Kids – school-community food gardens and education
- Growing Food and Justice Initiative
- Farmstart – encouraging and supporting a new generation of entrepreneurial, ecological farmers
- Fresh City Farms – organic produce grown by member farmers at Downsview park
- Black Creek Community Farm – at Jane and Steeles
- Toronto Food Policy Council – bringing people together for food policy innovation and action
- GrowTO – Toronto’s Urban Agriculture Action Plan
- USC Canada – promoting biodiversity and food sovereignty, and strong rural communities.
- Canadian Biotechnology Action Network– action on biotechnology, environment, health and food.